Re: Calendar/ reminder wanted - recommendations

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:13:17PM -0500, S. Fishpaste wrote:

> >> Your attribution is wrong. ;-D

OK, I was wrong. Evolution can in theory use caldav.  What really
bothers me is that I cannot use it with Chandlerhub.

Amongst the instructions on how to use Evolution with chandlerhub:

"Evolution supports subscribing to CalDAV calendars with its CalDAV plugin.

As of November 2007 there are known issues with Evolution
integration. As a result, subscribing to Chandler Server with
Evolution is unsupported. If you would like to help debug these
problems, you may use the below instructions to point Evolution at
Chandler Server.

Some issues seen during testing:

    * When creating events, cosmo returns a weak ETag, which means the
    ETag is prefixed with "W/". When updating the event, Evolution
    includes the "W/" in the If-Match header, which is incorrect. The
    server interprets the etag as different and returns a modified
    response. The workaround is to reload the calendar, which should
    result in the correct etag sent the next update.
    * Evolution's handling of recurring events is really buggy. For
    instance, if you add a modification to a recurring series,
    Evolution just includes the modification in the PUT, which is
    wrong. Also, Evolution doesn't seem to display event modifications
    correctly. "

 Quoted from http://chandlerproject.org/Projects/CosmoWithEvolution.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4599

     "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace,
      that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in
      time of need."             Hebrews 4:16