[solved] Re: backports' openoffice.org

[redirecting to list]

Michael, please keep the discussion on list so that others might benefit
as well! Thanks!

Michael Zoet wrote:
>> Is there anyone out there who managed to run a version of openoffice.org
>> 3 on lenny? What is the best approach?
>>

> Openoffice 3.1.1 from the backports works for me on a Lenny System. I
> installed it with
>
> apt-get -t lenny-backports install openoffice

# aptitude -t lenny-backports install openoffice.org

worked. I previously tried unsuccessfully to select backports' version
of openoffice.org in interactive mode. That refused to install due to
many 'circular' broken packages.

Cheers,
Johannes