Re: Different font rendering in Iceweasel and Google Chrome

Quoting Chris Jones:

> Actually my first reaction to your initial post was thi s:
>
>   http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html
>
> But, it looks like I was barking the wrong tree since you later wrote
> that this affected all .ttf's.

I'm fine with verdana being that different, my only problem is that now
it's rendering differently than it used to before my last testing
update.

> One other detail that I found a little odd is that you mention setting
> the font to 10pt in Iceweasel since Seamonkey's Preferences dialog uses
> pixels as the font size unit.

Ah, well I was just using the CSS way of saying it, as in

  font-size: 10pt;

since browser preferences have no effects on styled web pages (which is
where my problem comes up).

> I guess I should boot into my Squeeze partition and install Iceweasel
> and see if I understand this better.
>
> Although things are likely to be different since I did a dist-upgrade on
> a lenny clone rather than a fresh install.

I have verified this both on a fresh install and on another partition
after a dist-upgrade.

Anyway I'll link again the screenshot with the differences in font
rendering:

  http://fruple.com/kemper/font_sizes2.png

Thanks for your help