Re: printing confusion

On Sat November 21 2009, Wayne wrote:
> Go to the Jobs tab in cups.  You should be able to find of the jobs
> shown when you did the lpq -a.  Delete them.
the jobs tab is empty.

> Re-reading your OP, I am now confused as to what you want.  You are
> using usb but the lpq -a  showed you had files in the cups spooler under
> a printer using the lp interface.  Did you change printers or how you
> connect to them?
I have an Epson R380 setup in CUPS using the Gutenprint driver:
Location: Local Printer
Printer Driver: Epson Stylus Photo R380 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.0.2

my concerns are:
1. /var/log/lpr.log show this:
 more lpr.log
Nov 21 05:42:29 paulandcilla lpd[11629]: /dev/lp0: No such file or directory
Nov 21 05:43:30 paulandcilla lpd[11702]: /dev/lp0: No such file or directory

and I have lpr installed. Not sure if I need it or want it.

2. I have problems printing from SOME web sites, especially when they are PDF
files, it tries to use the lpr printer, and goes nowhere. Sorry, I don't have
a good example handy..

I have these installed:
ii  kpdf                                                    4:3.5.9-3+lenny2
ii  adobe-flashplugin                                       10.0.32.18-1
Adobe Flash Player plugin version 10
ii  adobereader-enu                                         8.1.1
Adobe Reader allows you to view navigate and print PDF files.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800