Re: Iceweasel annoyance

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:51:51 -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> I shouldn't blame Iceweasel, because when I used to use Firefox it did
> the same thing. And they are not the only apps that annoy me with this
> "feature."
>
> What is this annoyance?

Yes, "that" annoyance comes from "upstream" (Firefox).

> I am on a web page and there is a link for Contact Us. I know little of
> html, but I think the code behind the link is "mailto." If I click on it
> a window pops up on the desktop inviting me to configure Evolution.
> Well, Evolution is not configured and never will be configured. I use
> Sylpheed for my mail reader. I am very happy with Sylpheed and have no
> intention of changing.

If you are on Gnome, then you're lucky. Firefox integrates better with it
(at least for managing "mimetypes" and "mimehandlers") :-)

To make Icedove opens Sylpheed, just go to Gnome "System / Preferences /
Preferred applications" and select there the MUA of your choice.

(...)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón