Re: Another Firefox and sound problem

Marc Shapiro wrote:
Kelly Clowers wrote:
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 20:59, Marc Shapiro <mshapiro_42@yahoo.com> wrote:
This is an intermittent problem with no discernible pattern, other than
that
it is a problem with sound and flash. Most of the time flash works just fine. Every now and then, however, the video will continue as it should, but the audio gets stuck in about a one second continuous loop. So far,
have to close Firefox down and usually I find that there is a runaway
Firefox process that needs to be shut down as well (just like in the
thread
about getting sound back). Does anyone know how to fix this?
I don't know about this problem specifically, but I stopped having
FF/Flash/sound problems when I installed PulseAudio. Of course,
many people are against PA, often along with most of the other
useful modern desktop technologies...

Well, a little tweaking of the parameters in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf and I now have pulseaudio running. Now I just have to wait and see if the problems with Firefox and Flash go away. This being an intermittent problem, it will be a lot easier to know if it is NOT working than if is IS working. I'll report back when I have an answer.

This problem is still occuring. Pulseaudio has not solved it. Any other ideas?

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com