Re: Iceweasel annoyance

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 23:19:58 -0500
Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman@gmail.com> dijo:

> On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 10:23 PM, Neal Hogan <nealhogan@gmail.com> wrote:
> > JJJ,
> >
> > You need to slow down.

> I don't have an answer for the OP, but this (top-posted) "response" is
> completely unresponsive, presumptuous, arrogant, unhelpful, dickish,
> and possibly a reason why people who come to this forum for help
> leave, pissed off.  Give the guy a break.  He has a perfectly
> articulated and reasonable problem.  Maybe someone other than me or
> Neal can actually offer him some help.

Not to worry. Celejar just posted a solution. I don't have it working
yet, but it looks very promising. And I can possibly use the methodlogy
later in other situations.

As for being offended, yeah, it is annoying when people post things
like that, but I've been on e-lists and forums for ages with Linux. I'm
a big boy now. I can take it. Besides, he really meant well.

I should add that I currently have Debian testing almost to the point
where my Jaunty installation was. I still have a couple apps to install
and configure, and I need to migrate my printers, and my bluetooth
mouse still isn't working. But I'm very close to having a very usable
OS now. Moreover, I'm liking it a lot. Like wow! I'm riding on my own
now without the Ubuntu training wheels!