Re: Inquiry:What is the equivalent for the screen command?

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 07:58:56AM +0000, hadi motamedi wrote:
> Dear All
> Please be informed that I couldn't find the screen command package for my
> Debian 3.1 server . I really need it to manage multiple screens just from
> one login session . I tried to update my Debian repository list , as the
> followings :
> #apt-get update
> Then I tried to find it for installation , by issuing the followings :
> #apt-cache search screen
> But no "screen" found . Can you please do me favor and let me know what is
> the equivalent command that can be used instead of "screen" command on my
> Debian for managing multiple screens ?
> Let me thank you in advance

Please think seriously about upgrading this to at least Debian 4.0

You have no security support: you have no updates: you are running a
version of Debian that is now well behind the current Debian stable.

If the server is not critical / you have few users using it, consider a
full reinstall of Debian 4.0 or 5.0. [The move from kernel 2.4 to 2.6
was slightly more difficult than usual and there were other major
changes hence the major version bump].

The release notes for 4.0 should tell you how to upgrade: the release
notes for 5.0 tell you how to move from 4.0 -> 5.0

All the best,

AndyC