[SOLVED] Dmesg gives "ata1.00 exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x80002 action 0x6 frozen"

Dne, 16. 11. 2009 08:52:13 je Greg Madden napisal(a):

> I have used smartmon tools, for SMART enabled drives. It reports
> errors, something
> hdparm doesnt do.. afaik.

Thanx for your concern. I would have responded earlier, but have been
waiting for the messages to reappear. So, now I can definitely confirm
that the messages were caused by one of the subsequent two settings I
implemented following blindly the advice of the 'powertop' utility:

<snip>
echo min_power > /sys/class/scsi_host/host0/
link_power_management_policy
echo 1500 > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs
<pins>

After removing the above two commands from my /etc/rc.local, everything
seems to be OK again!

Peace!

--
Regards,