Re: results: debian-user's favourite FLOSS (2009)

> Isn't it a good thing? I think it is amazingly good. Take a look at all
> those questions asked in the Ubuntu forum, >90% are tasteless. What's
> worse, (have you flipped down several index pages?), the questions on the
> 4th or 5th pages are just asked hours ago! I think the "huge success" of
> Ubuntu is becoming the huge disaster for it at the same time. With such
> huge traffic, any question that need a little more thinking would be
> neglected.
>
> I recently asked a question there, and on noticing the above fact, I
> didn't even bother to bump up my question. Why bother? Several hours
> later it will end up on 6th pages again.

That is precicely why the quality of the Debian list has improved. The
gurus know that thier important question will be over the Ubuntites'
heads, and they ask here. For me, it comes down to this:
Trivial questions that google should have answered but didn't: Ubuntu list
Tough questions that require specialized knowledge: Debian list
Software recomendations and hardware problems: Fedora list

The probelm with that approach is that I tend to bikeshed on the
Debian list as I try to help where I can, but my personal knowledge is
below the list average. But I read and experiment a lot, so I learn.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il