Re: Which javas? (Was java / iceweasel)

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 14:33 -0500, Ken Heard wrote:

> On Camaleón's advice in alternatives I changed my default java to the
> sun-java6-jre version.  In your post you also indicated that that
> version is the best one to use.  I have consequently purged the packages

You might want to consider installing openjdk-6-jre, which is the open
source variant of SUN's JRE. For more information see [1], but just to
give you a little teaser:

"A few of us have been discussing the removal of sun-java6. It is
non-free, orphaned, buggy (including security bugs), and can generally
be replaced by openjdk"

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2009/10/msg00140.html
--
  .''`.     Wolodja Wentland    <wentland@cl.uni-heidelberg.de>