Re: acpitool vs acpi-support

Dne, 15. 11. 2009 06:47:14 je T o n g napisal(a):

I can only say that I have acpi-support installed on my laptop, as
opposed to acpitool. I suppose it got installed automatically by the
"laptop" task, but can't positively confirm that. IMHO certain ACPI
packages would be more suited for certain hardware than others, and
vice versa?
I'd also say it's up to your individual usage. I personally find Gnome
sensors-applet extremely useful, whereas, say, cpufrequtils, though
being useful, may be easily replaced by just echoing the right values
to the right locations in the /proc or /sys subtrees (or reading values
therefrom).

--
Regards,

Klistvud