Re: Hooking Debian to a Windows VM VPN connection

2009/11/14 Chris Davies <chris-usenet@roaima.co.uk>:
> Cassiano Leal <cassianoleal@gmail.com> wrote:
>> [...] to hook to the company's VPN I need some proprietary tools that
>> again only run on Windows [...]
>
> Do you know for a fact these VPN connection tools only work on
> Windows? (And more importantly, would you prefer to run your VPN
> connection from your Debian system is you could?)
>> Does anybody have any idea how could I achieve VPN connectivity on
>> Debian in this scenario?
>
> You need to provide some details, like the type of VPN connection you're
> using, for a start. CISCO IPSec works fine for me (including the use of
> a security token). As does any flavour of OpenVPN.
>
> Chris

The connector is actually a vpnc-compatible CISCO VPN Client. I can
actually establish a connection to the VPN gateway from Debian, but it
does not allow me to reach any hosts.

On Windows, after the VPN connection is established, a Cisco Clean
Access Agent does a few checks and then validates the connection.
There is no agent that runs on Linux and the only way to get access to
the network is after validating the Windows machine via this CCA
Agent.

There used to be an authentication page for when somebody connected
from a non-Windows OS, but that's gone too, so I am really stuck to
using the VPN from Windows. Stupid, I know...

Any other ideas?

Thanks for all comments so far!
Cassiano