samba query

Hi,

How can I make samba only accept log ins, if the password supplied by
the client, matches that username on the server? eg. blank or wrong
passwords shouldn't be allowed access to the server, so how do I enable
this? It seems samba by default accepts blank passwords, and lets the
client mount the share, or even if the password is wrong.

Also, will this behaviour that I am asking about be compatible with win
xp? I'll add a user on the linux server, with the same user name as the
xp one, will the xp client be able to connect?

Thanks,
Dan.