Re: eth1 disappears after kernel upgrade

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 12:31:13PM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:

> > >I seem to remember doing that in the past but the broadcom packages are
> > >apparently not available at the moment.
> > >
> > >Anthony
> > >

> > Oh, this must be related to the thread "2.6.31 kernels" about the
> > broadcom packages disappearing from the repositories. Why the heck
> > was that??
> >

> Correct, and the method given on the Debian Wiki didn't work here. I
> first compiled the 32-bit version by mistake so the module didn't load;
> the 65-bit version doesn't compile.

guys I have taken a hybrid approach I have a couple of the broadcom-sta
I did a m-a -t build, which failed, I then cd
/usr/src/modules/broadcom-sta/amd64 (i think from memeory) then from
tmp/modules (this is where I had grabbed the latest broadcom-sta source
from broadcom) I copied over the directories amd64 to amd64 and i386 to
i386.  The next step was to m-a -O -t build braodcom-sta and done I have
a deb package that I can install against .6.31 the tail versioning is
out but hell it works and its a deb package :)

ask me off list if people want the broadcom-sta package