Re: what's your favourite FLOSS?

John Hasler wrote:
>> The first is a non-option.  Iceweasel does not follow Mozilla's trademark
>> usage guidelines.  If it uses the Firefox trademark and Debian distributes it,
>> Debian could be sued into non-existence.
>>

> Nonsense.  There is no conceivable way that embedding the string
> "Firefox" in a user-agent string could be construed as trademark
> infringement (and if there was most browsers would be infringing one or
> more trademarks).

If this were a trademark, how about these files:

$ dpkg -L iceweasel | grep firef
/usr/share/iceweasel/defaults/preferences/firefox.js
/usr/share/iceweasel/defaults/preferences/firefox-l10n.js
/usr/bin/mozilla-firefox
/usr/bin/firefox
/usr/share/man/man1/firefox.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/mozilla-firefox.1.gz
/usr/share/pixmaps/firefox.png
/usr/share/pixmaps/mozilla-firefox.png
/usr/lib/iceweasel/firefox-bin

Also, iceweasel stores its settings in ~/.mozilla/firefox. And I guess
there are many other places where "firefox" appears in the Iceweasel
bundle, and this is not a copyright infringement, just like setting the
User-Agent to the same that Firefox does it not a copyright infringement.

--
Cats, no less liquid than their shadows, offer no angles to the wind.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br