Re: Help needed in changing grub settings..

H.S. wrote:
shampavman.cg wrote:
Hi,

I had to remove FC7 in favor of windows since I had space crunch .. and
moved it over to another machine.. But now I have loads of data on
windows that I cannot lose...After FC was removed to get into windows I
had to use,
rootnoverify (.. ,...) cmd..

This is not possible all the times as There are many people using this
machine.who do not know these things.. and I wont be around always...

Can i do it via some Linux distro Live cd and just boot into grub and do
something and perhaps re-install grub with the necessary changes made?

I could be doing this over the phone so can  you please be as
descriptive as possible so that I dont end up with a bricked machine!!

Thanks

I think I am missing something. Are you saying that you removed FC from
the said machine and it has only Windows now? In that case, just do the
"fix mbr" procedure from Windows and you will not have to deal with grub
at all -- the machine will boot straight to Windows.
Ok.. But i've never tried the fixmbr trick .. will give it a go... and see how it goes.
What you are asking above (rootnovirify method, from grub), would only
make sense if you still have grub installed and have multiple systems
installed as well. If you have no Linux OSes installed, you do not
really need grub and fixing the MBR would be the most convenient way.
Yes i still have grub but no distro to boot into ..
so Im forced to use the rootnoverify method thats all..

--
Regards,
Shampavman c.g