Help needed in changing grub settings..

Hi,

I had to remove FC7 in favor of windows since I had space crunch .. and moved it over to another machine.. But now I have loads of data on windows that I cannot lose...After FC was removed to get into windows I had to use,
rootnoverify (.. ,...) cmd..

This is not possible all the times as There are many people using this machine.who do not know these things.. and I wont be around always...

Can i do it via some Linux distro Live cd and just boot into grub and do something and perhaps re-install grub with the necessary changes made?

I could be doing this over the phone so can you please be as descriptive as possible so that I dont end up with a bricked machine!!

Thanks