Intermittent high load average after upgrade to lenny / 2.6.26-2 ?

Hi Chaps,

I've upgraded a server running our database connection pool software from etch on 2.6.18 to lenny on 2.6.26 and I'm now seeing intermittant high load averages.

I don't see anything CPU or IO bound on the machine using top and vmstat, and I'm absoloutely baffled by it.  Normal load average is below 1, but every so often totally out of the blue I'll see it jump up to 20!

Didn't happen on 2.6.18, what else should I look at before suspecting it's a bug somewhere in CFS?

Ta
Glyn