Re: sound problems

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 07:20:11PM +0100, Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
> Rick Pasotto wrote:
>
> > I'm mostly up-to-date with testing and I remember that some sound
> > modules were recently updated. For the most part sound is still working
> > fine but for some formats it's not. With m4a files and some wmv files
> > all I get is sporadic static. mp3 and flv and avi files are all fine.
> >
> > Has anyone else experienced this? What module could be the culprit?
>
> w32codecs

There are no bug reports filed against that package. I downgraded to the
prvious version but it didn't make any difference.

My *major* problem at the moment is with wma files. For several years
I've been recording meetings with my Olympus voice recorder. It creates
wma files. Up until last week I've been able to use ffmpeg to convert
them to mp3 so I could further process them in audacity. Now all I get
is static.

What could have gone wrong? What else can I use to convert from wma to mp3?

--
"Don't worry if you are having a bad day, It will pass. Don't worry if
 you are having a good day, it will pass." -- John Simone