Re: Knowledge Base Server

On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 11:29:24AM -0500, Roman Gelfand wrote:
> Can somebody recommend a knowledge base tracking web server software.

I'm not sure if you're asking for a specialized wiki or a
ticketing system, or maybe a bug tracker.

A wiki is a good way of keeping loose bits of information handy.
(It's better when you have someone curating it.) I like ProWiki
and TWiki.

A ticketing system handles incoming requests (usually from
customers or users), puts them in queues, and keeps track of
them from open through close. I like RT.

A bug tracker takes reports of defects, sorts them, and keeps
track of them from open through close. I like Bugzilla.

There are alternates for all of those, of course, and the ones I've
mentioned are all free software packaged for Debian and in the repository.

-dsr-

You can't defend freedom by getting rid of it.