Re: Major problems 2.6.26 kernel in lenny

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 14:07:14 -0600, Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:

> Sounds like it's time to retire that Win95 PC, or upgrade it to Linux.

    It has it's use. But currently that's not the problem.I can make backup from
that computer  Problem is, that linux computer cannot boot (686 version of 2.6.26-2
kernel) or cannot unmount any cifs/smbfs shares as user (amd64 version of 2.6.26-2
kernel). And, while this unmounting problem was there from the beginning, I could
sucessfully boot earlier 2.6.26 kernel in Lenny. But I cannot boot with current.
And since there is no error message, I don't even know, what to report as bug.
>From the boot log on screen I see, that it starts checking partitions (on 2 hard
drivers). I see, that it starts to checkings of jfs partitions at same time (1 on
each disk), one is completed, then ext3 /boot partition is checked and that's it.
It just stops. No disk activity. Nothing.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna@mail.ee