Major problems 2.6.26 kernel in lenny

    When I upgraded my Debian computer form Etch to Lenny, I had to give up
running 2.6.26  kernel for following reasons (computer has AMD Sempron 3000+
CPU).
1. 686 version kernel crashed, when accessing listing files in mounted share
from Windows 95 computer, if filenames contained accented characters.
2. with amd64 version of kernel I could not use smbumount as user.
    So I reverted to 2.6.18 kernel. But since smbmount doesn't support accented
characters with Window 95 anymore at all, I changed my backup script (that
accessed that Windows 95 share) to use smbclient. So I desided to try 2.6.26
kernel again.
    In the meantime, there have been updates to 2.6.26 kernel, so  it's no more
same version, that I tried immediatly after upgrade from Etch.
    Now, with 686 kernel, I can no longer boot up - it just stops, when
checking disks - it shows, that it sucessfully checked /boot partition, that
has ext3 filesystem, but that's all. Other partitions have jfs filesystem.
Amd64 kernel boots up fine, but it still cannot unmount smbmounted shares
as user.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna@mail.ee