Re: Need to reconfigure sound on every boot

Hi Emanoil,

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Emanoil Kotsev <deloptes@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Andreas Ronnquist wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 20:58:40 -0500
>> Dave Witbrodt <dawitbro@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>> --->cut<---
>>
>> I found out a solution - Rebooting I discovered that it gave me warnings
>> "cannot enumerate USB device" - and looking at the debian forums I found
>> these posts:
>>
>> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39116&p=265179#p264099
>>
>> So - I tried to disconnect my USB webcam and rebooting, using fewer USB
>> devices, sound is back! No need to alsaconf any longer! The behaviour is
>> consistent even when rebooting.
>>
>> Thank you guys for your time.
>>

> Hi I wrote this many times in the past. I think the proper way is to set up
> a fixed ids for your cards. This way the system can assign a specific id to
> your card each time you boot.
So, I think the best to do here is writting it in
wiki.debian.org/SoundFAQ one time and then redirect from this list to
there, isn't it ?

I was using a sed script which changed my ~/.asoundrc, but now I will
try your tip, it is more correct.

Regards,