Re: Need to reconfigure sound on every boot

Andreas Ronnquist wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 20:58:40 -0500
> Dave Witbrodt <dawitbro@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> Neal Hogan wrote:

> --->cut<---
>
> I found out a solution - Rebooting I discovered that it gave me warnings
> "cannot enumerate USB device" - and looking at the debian forums I found
> these posts:
>
> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39116&p=265179#p264099
>
> So - I tried to disconnect my USB webcam and rebooting, using fewer USB
> devices, sound is back! No need to alsaconf any longer! The behaviour is
> consistent even when rebooting.
>
> Thank you guys for your time.

Hi I wrote this many times in the past. I think the proper way is to set up
a fixed ids for your cards. This way the system can assign a specific id to
your card each time you boot.

For this to work I just set up following file

cat /etc/modprobe.d/sound
## ALSA portion
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel