KDE shut down computer fails

After an upgrade about a week ago, my debian squeeze stopped shutting down when from inside KDE I select to turn off the computer.

Instead, it logs me out of KDE and dumps me to the tty. KDE is not running anymore as shown by 'ps uxagww | grep kde', but kdm runs. So to turn it off I must log in as root at the tty and halt it.

Probably something is happening and the computer is not set at the right runlevel.

This is my .xsession-errors, after selecting to turn off the computer. Does anybody see any useful info? Should I file it as a bug?

< X Error: BadDamage (invalid Damage parameter) 163
<   Extension:    151 (Uknown extension)
<   Minor opcode: 2 (Unknown request)
<   Resource id:  0x180079c
< X Error: RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter) 156
<   Extension:    147 (RENDER)
<   Minor opcode: 7 (RenderFreePicture)
<   Resource id:  0x180079b
< X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
<   Major opcode: 10 (X_UnmapWindow)
<   Resource id:  0x3200016
< X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
<   Major opcode: 7 (X_ReparentWindow)
<   Resource id:  0x3200016
< X Error: RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter) 156
<   Extension:    147 (RENDER)
<   Minor opcode: 7 (RenderFreePicture)
<   Resource id:  0x1800798
< X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
<   Major opcode: 4 (X_DestroyWindow)
<   Resource id:  0x1800797
< X Error: RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter) 156
<   Extension:    147 (RENDER)
<   Minor opcode: 7 (RenderFreePicture)
<   Resource id:  0x180079a
< X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
<   Major opcode: 4 (X_DestroyWindow)
<   Resource id:  0x1800799
< Application '/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub' exited normally...
< Application '/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub' exited normally...
< [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Removing connection
< Removing connection
< Removing connection
< Removing connection
< Removing connection
< Application '/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub' exited normally...
< X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
<   Extension:    138 (Uknown extension)
<   Minor opcode: 6 (Unknown request)
<   Resource id:  0x14000f3
< X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
<   Major opcode: 2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
<   Resource id:  0x14000f3
< startkde: Shutting down...
< klauncher: Exiting on signal 15
< klauncher: Exiting on signal 1