Re: apt-get does not resume downloading

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 02:00:59AM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Thank You for Your time and answer, Boyd:
>
> > It does resume downloading, just not in the middle of a single file.  (It will
> > only download files that are missing.)  Resuming in the middle of a file has
> > shown to be problematic and is not supported by all the mirrors anyway.
> > Resuming in the middle of a file results in a file with a bad checksum more
> > often than restarting the file entirely.
>
> I have downloaded one package with wget to partial dir. - why it did not
> install it but rather has started downloading again?

Why not just download it (using wget -c, for e.g.) then when you have it
all downloaded, put it it in "/var/cache/apt/archives" then apt-get
install packagename should work.

> Can I check its integrity (of the downloaded by wget file) by issuing
>
> apt-get install package

You may not need to, at least I haven't noticed any issues with above
method. But if you want to, you could grab the md5 file from the
repository.

--
Chris.