Re: blurry fonts (again)

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 09:55:28 -0500, Celejar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> *Sigh*  Here we go again ... (http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2008/07/msg00692.html)
>
> Files containing Hebrew that I print to PDF with Iceweasel's 'Print to
> File' option come out badly mangled:
>
> Hebrew Wikipedia homepage:
>
> http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%A2%D7%9E%D7%95%D7%93_%D7%A8%D7%90%D7%A9%D7%99
>
> My PDF:
>
> http://lizzie.freehostia.com/he.wiki.pdf

When I use "Print to File" on this page then I get this PDF:

http://rapidshare.com/files/302522581/he-wiki-iceweasel.pdf.html

> ~$ pdffonts he.wiki.pdf
> name                                 type              emb sub uni object ID
> ------------------------------------ ----------------- --- --- --- ---------
> FrankRuehlCLM                        Type 1            yes no  yes      5  0
> FrankRuehlCLM                        Type 1            yes no  yes      7  0
> BitstreamVeraSerif                   CID TrueType      yes no  yes     37  0

My font information is different:

name                                 type              emb sub uni object ID
------------------------------------ ----------------- --- --- --- ---------
TimesNewRomanBold                    CID TrueType      yes no  yes      5  0
TimesNewRoman                        CID TrueType      yes no  yes      7  0
DejaVuSans                           CID TrueType      yes no  yes     38  0

> A screenshot of what that PDF looks like on my system:
>
> http://lizzie.freehostia.com/he.wiki.jpg

Here is a screenshot at 400% zoom after opening my PDF with okular (which uses
libpoppler for PDF rendering, just like evince):

http://rapidshare.com/files/302513783/he-wiki-iceweasel-pdf-okular.png.html

Is that properly-displayed Hebrew text?

(I hope the rapidshare links work; I currently have no personal webspace
 for sharing files.)

--
Regards,            |
          Florian   |