Blank CDs Not Being Detected

    I went to try and burn a CD this morning (the latest ubuntu ;) ) and I noticed my system does not recognize blank CDs anymore.  I'm tried multiple CD brands, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, and a different drive.  On ubuntu blank CDs are recognized just fine.  On debian lenny (kernel 2.6.26-2-486) it is as if there is no device in the drive.  I'll be happy to give more details or run commands if there are any questions.  How can I file a bug?  What package is this a part of?  HAL, the Kernel, Nautilus, Gnome?  I'm just not sure! :P  Thank you!

-Ed