Help needed in getting WiFi working with Debian

I am using Squeeze. I run aptitude update; aptitude full-upgrade every
day. I want to connect my laptop to the Wi-Fi I've setup in my home. I
am able to connect to it using Windows but not using Debian. I know
the SSID and WPA2-PSK key I have set. Channel of the router is set to
'Auto'. 'Broadcast SSID' is enabled.

1. I right clicked the network icon in the GNOME panel (Enable
wireless is already checked) and selected 'Edit connections'.
2. 'Network Connections' window opened. In the 'Wired' tab, it showed
'eth1' which is okay since I am using ethernet now.
3. In the 'Wireless' tab it showed nothing.
4. But, now I don't know what to put in the BSSID and MAC fields.

Some, useful outputs that might help you to help me.

# lspci | grep -i net
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetLink BCM5787M
Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express (rev 02)
04:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
[Golan] Network Connection (rev 02)

# iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth1      no wireless extensions.

irda0     no wireless extensions.

wmaster0  no wireless extensions.

wlan0     IEEE 802.11abg  ESSID:""
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.412 GHz  Access Point: Not-Associated
          Tx-Power=15 dBm
          Retry min limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

pan0      no wireless extensions.

# iwlist scan
lo        Interface doesn't support scanning.

eth1      Interface doesn't support scanning.

irda0     Interface doesn't support scanning.

wmaster0  Interface doesn't support scanning.

wlan0     Interface doesn't support scanning : Network is down

pan0      Interface doesn't support scanning.

My network is setup in this manner.

DSL Line ---> ISP ADSL2 + Router (192.168.1.1) --> Wireless Router
(192.168.2.1) ---> My laptops (Debian as well as Windows)

Please help me to get wireless working with Debian (recentmost Squeeze).