Re: How to create *.deb binary package using source code?

surreal wrote:
I have got source code of a program in *.tar.gz format.

I want to create a debian binary package which includes documentation, binary executable, manual etc.

Any place where I can get some help?

Please help...

--
Harshad Joshi
Hi,

This is how you do it...
For assumption , lets say your tar.gz is called Helloworld.tar.gz.

1. install dh-make as well..
2. Create a dir called Helloworld...(ensure that the name of the dir is the name of the pkg 'minus' tar.gz (This is how it should be...)
3. The use dh-make to start off creating a pkg...

These are very basic steps that you need to know to start it off..
a good guide can be found here,
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/Complete
If any pro can advice you better pls take it..
But Im very sure these are the basic steps.. You can learn more about packaging from that link....

PS: From one newbie to another...
Best way= dive first then you will learn how to swim...
Cheers...

--
Regards
Shampavman c.g