daylight savings / time zone issue

Hay, um, I was sitting here watching the clocks, and my Lenny install
didn't jump back an hour at 2am.  It's still counting up in the 2
o'clock hour.  2:12am at present.  Shouldn't it have fallen back to
1:00am when the clock hit 2:00am?  Today is the day:

http://tf.nist.gov/general/dst.htm

greer:/etc# cat timezone
America/Chicago

I'm pretty sure I set my system clock to UTC (way back when) and set
local time to America/Chicago.  How can I check my _system_ time to make
sure it's UTC?  And if it is, wtf happened with the DST timezone stuff?

--
Stan