RE: PPP / ADSL / demand / GUI prompt question

I would suggest getting "demand" to work with pppd first.  It's been awhile
since I've used pppd, but I do recall it wasn't too hard to get on-demand
dialing to work.

Then, you could use the "connect" option to launch some type of graphical
yes/no prompt.  You may have to throw something together with Tcl/Tk or
similar.

I know this doesn't solve your problem, but it might give you some ideas.

-- Kevin