Re: Recommended Linux Backup

Tony Baldwin wrote:

> lrhorer wrote:
>> Other than tar and rsync, I have never used any Linux backup
>> utilities,
>> and I am looking for recommendations.  I would like an open source
>> solution which will do the following:
>>
>> 1. Back up to removable hard drives
>
> I rsync to a removable usb drive, myself.
> Works great.

Rsync can span multiple target drives?  That's news to me.  How can it
decide what to transfer when the target drive contains almost none of
the backup set?  You also seem to have ignored all my other
requirements, because I am almost sure it doesn't supports virtual
backup file system and snapshots., nor do I know how it can be induced
to create an index or to rebuild one from a backup set.  If I ma
mistaken, please enlioghten me with the command line switches which can
be used to implement these utilities in rsync.