Re: OpenVPN

Daniel,

Second copy of this reply.  I forgot the
In-reply-to address in the first.

> Until this instance, starting a OpenVPN client in the office I could
> verify that the tunnel is established, but I can only reach the OpenVPN
> server. The rest of hosts of my LAN is unareachables.
> I have the impression that continues existing some routing problem
> somewhere. Some idea of what can be the problem?

For a few years now I've run a VPN similar to what you describe.
http://carnot.yi.org/NetworksPage.html

Observe entries such as "route 172.23.4.2" and
"# route shawmail.gv.shawcable.net" in
dalton: ... myvpn.conf.

"route 172.23.4.2" allows a machine such as
Cantor at UBC to transmit to Curie at home.

"route shawmail.gv.shawcable.net" allows Cantor
at UBC to send a message through the tunnel to
the SMTP server of my home ISP.  The server will
not accept the message unless it comes from my
LAN.  With this routing, the UBC and home LANs
are in effect one LAN.  The domain name for SMTP
is associated with two IP addresses.  For
routing to be reliable, both addresses must
specified explicitly.

Shorewall is a superb example of open source
software.  Documentation is excellent.

Regards,          ... Peter E.

--
Google "pathology workshop"