Can't modify /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/TZ1/trip_points

Howdie, fellow Debianites!

A recent thread here about an overheating notebook gave me the idea to
try and slightly adjust the thermal trip points on my notebook;
however, the trick of simply echoing a string to /proc/acpi/
thermal_zone/TZ1/trip_points, as suggested by many internet howtos from
around 2006-2007, just can't be done (anymore). The command

# echo -n 80:30:60:50:40:30 > /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/TZ1/trip_points

results in:

bash: echo: write error: Input/output error

Changing permissions of /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/TZ1/trip_points doesn't
help. So, what is currently the "Debian method" for modifying thermal
trip points? Any package can help with this? Any .conf file?

--
Have a nice day

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801