Network manager doesn't autoconnect to wireless networks in stable?

Hi,

I've noticed that in Debian 5 network manager doesn't automatically
reconnect to wireless networks that it has connected to before, e.g.
after logging in, you have to use the mouse to tell the applet which
wireless network to connect to. I've been googling and looking through
the man files but I can't seem to find out why the behaviour is disabled
or how to re-enable it. Is there a way to enable network manager's usual
automatic reconnecting behaviour in Debian 5?

Thanks