How to get X to autostart after upgrade to Squeeze?

Greetings;

After my recent upgrade from Lenny to Squeeze, X no longer starts automatically at boot. I have to use startx and it then starts the X session for whoever did the startx. No logon or other validation required.

Under Lenny, X would start at boot and pop-up a logon window so you could logon as any user registered on the system.

Does anybody have any idea how to get the old behavior back?

Many TIA!!
Dennis