Re: Network Manager wants to access default keyring

On 2009-10-26 09:29 (-0500), Preston Boyington wrote:

> I have Debian Testing with the Gnome environment setup on a friends'
> laptop.  In an effort to make things easier to use I'm trying to stick
> with Network Manager because of the PPP support for the USB cellular
> broadband.
>
> Each time the computer is started (GDM auto logins to user) NM asks to
> access the default keyring.  How do I get it to automagically work
> without having to input the keyring password each time?

I'm not sure but it seems that libpam-gnome-keyring package is what you
are looking for:

    Package: libpam-gnome-keyring
    [...]
     gnome-keyring is a daemon in the session, similar to ssh-agent, and
     other applications can use it to store passwords and other
     sensitive information.

     This package contains a PAM module that will automatically unlock
     the keyrings using your login password, making gnome-keyring usage
     transparent without losing its security benefits.

     When installed, this module will automatically be used by GDM and
     gnome-screensaver to unlock your keyrings when logging in and when
     unlocking the screen saver.

--
Feel free to Cc me your replies if you want to make sure I'll notice
them.