Re: X server won't start after upgrade to squeeze

Thierry Chatelet wrote:

>....and copy the file generated in /etc/X11/xorg.conf

>After following your suggestion I can now get X to come up
>like it used to!

You da man!!

>No drivers available
>Fatal server error:
>No screens found

This is because there is no /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to read or if there is one, no video drivers are listed

You can also generate this useful file by running:

#dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

This will create a file [/etc/X11/xorg.conf] for you. Sometimes this file needs editing, it usually picks a video driver [if you have them available] but not necessarily the one you wanted but one that will get you an X session, nonetheless.

This used to get results too:

#dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg