RE: CD Drawer open/close by itself

Antoine Cailliau wrote:
> when I open my cd drawer (with eject or by pressing the button on the
> drawer), the drawer open and then close (after less than 1 sec).
> I suspect some parts of Gnome to be responsible ...

I ran a Debian 5.0.3 desktop for a few weeks and saw a similar issue -- sometime during Linux boot, the CD/DVD drive would open perhaps 1/2" and then immediately close.  I never figured out why (I didn't and don't know where to look).  Otherwise, the CD/DVD drive worked normally (I was able to open and close the drive via its button, and eject via the GUI).

Neither of my Debian 5.0.2 servers have Gnome or any issues with the CD/DVD drives.

HTH,

David