Re: [mutt] label mails with colored tags

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 12:15:26AM +0300, Jari Fredriksson wrote:

> Hum.
>
> Why to use mbox format, as it is horrible if you think about incremental
> backup and anyway it is horrible.
>
> Maildir rocks.

I'm a former Thunderbird user and now  use mutt. I'm currently using
the mbox format, and I notice that I can't read any emails until mutt has
finished downloading from my mail server. Does this have anything to do with
mbox having locks? Can this be rectified with using maildir?