Re: Virtualbox Lenny Guest - Screen resize and Seamless mode

Chris wrote:
I am trying to get Screen resize and Seamless mode working on Lenny guest systems to no avail.

I have tried insalling the guest-utils packages, as well as the guest-additions the manual way with m-a. They install fine, but sreen-resize and seamless mode don't work.

Does anyone have this working at all? I've tried various xorg.conf files with the video driver and no screen resolutions.

I am running virtualbox-ose 2.1.4 from lenny-backports on the host.

Thanks,

Chris

Finally I made it. It work with Sun VirtualBox 3.0.8 on Debian Lenny and Squeeze host and Debian Squeeze and Sid as guest (don't have any other guest, can't recall but I think that OpenSolaris work out of the box).

Just boot guest, Ctrl+D (install guest additions) mount iso and choose VBoxGuestAdditions.iso. Inside guest VBoxGuestAdditions.iso will mount like a CD. Open CD, chouse right script (Linux, Win, x86, x64...), cp to desktop, chmod +x that.script and ./that.script Before that be sure that you have kernel header for your kernel and compiler (build-essential in Debian case). Reboot.

If you will have the same problem after that try Ctrl(Houst)+F x2 for resize the screen.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic