Samba ls date weirdness

Hi all,
    I'm having an issue with scripts that monitor Win2003 directories
via smb. Essentially, my Debian (Lenny) box mounts Windows shares, does
an ls -AgGhR on that directory, then unmounts it. That listing is diff'd
against a listing done earlier to show any changed file(s), with the
output mailed to me.
The problem is the date info sometimes switches from the time of day to
the year or the other way around.  This messes up the diff, so it shows
a bunch of changed files when there havn't been any changes.

EX:
    < drwxrwxrwx 1 0 Apr 20 13:38 Recipes
    ---
    > drwxrwxrwx 1 0 Apr 20  2009 Recipes

I do need the time/date info, so having it removed isn't a solution in
this case.

Thanks for any suggestions.

	PaulNM