Re: Merge Extra free space into current linux partition

Thierry Chatelet <tchatelet@free.fr> writes:

> On Friday 23 October 2009 04:20:23 Kevin Ross wrote:

You can resize it on the disk while the system is running, but the
kernel won't recognize the changes.  I think there is a way (using
sysfs?) to tell the kernel to reread the partition table, but I
haven't been able to find it.  Of course, as others have suggested, it
would be much safer to do it all offline.  Does anybody else know if
there is a way to reread the partion table an a running system?

--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org