Re: How to fix gnome-panel item size

El Mon, 19 Oct 2009 22:08:37 +0530, Santanu Chatterjee escribió:

> Hello Everybody,
>
> I find the gnome panel's items to be too large (in height). Please see
> the attached screenshot (the "Games" item, for example). I would like to
> reduce the height as much as possible. I feel I should look into the
> theme's gtkrc file for this. But I could not pinpoint any particular
> line I should modify.
>
> Could you please point me to the correct line to edit? Also, I feel
> directly editing the theme's gtkrc file is not the right way. Is there
> any file in my home directory which I should be editing so that this
> change becomes theme independent?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,

This is what I have in my "~/.gtkrc-2.0" file (all in one line):

***
gtk-icon-sizes = "panel-menu=16,16:panel=16,16:gtk-menu=16,16:gtk-large-
toolbar=16,16:gtk-button=16,16"
***

That renders all panel menu icons at 16px and also reduces menu items and
buttons.

Just remove the "gtk-menu", "gtk-large-toolbar" and gtk-button" entries
if you only want to reduce the panel menu items.

HTH.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón