RE: Installing XBMC on testing

That's cool that it's in debian-multimedia now, I had no idea.  However, it appears that the build in d-m doesn't include VDPAU support.

It's been awhile since I've installed pre-built XBMC on my Debian machine, I usually build it from source.  But if memory serves, it was pretty easy to install by pulling from the Hardy PPA repository of XBMC.  i.e. add this to your /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu/ hardy main