Re: broadcom-sta was removed

Hello List,

Jerome BENOIT wrote:
Hello Johan,

thanks for your quick answer.

Johan Grönqvist wrote:
Jerome BENOIT skrev:
Does any one know why broadcom-sta was remove from Testing and Unstable ?

 From the bug report:

"This driver has been orphaned and does not build against kernel
version 2.6.31.  The hardware it supports should now be handled by the
in-tree b43 driver."

I guess that I was looking for such a Bug Report.
But this aasertion is partially false as a version of broadcom-sta
that compiled against kernel 2.6.31 is privided by broadcom:
http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php

It seems that b43 is supposed to do everything that broadcom-sta did.
(To use b43, you may need to install b43-fwcutter from contrib, and let it download firmware for your card. I have to, at least.)

I will give it a try as soon as I have time.

It seems not to work with my Broadcom BCM4322 and kernel 2.6.31 .
May be it will get better with kernel 2.6.32 .

Jerome

See:
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/b43-fwcutter

Hope it helps.