Re: Thinkpad Touchpad no longer works [Solved]

On 17/10/09 15:12:35, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> It seems that you have an outdated 50-udev.rules file in
> /etc/udev/rules.d/, which means that the up-to-date file in
> /lib/udev/rules.d/ is ignored.
>
> Quoting from udev's NEWS.Debian.gz:
> The default rules files have been moved to /lib/udev/rules.d/ and
> /etc/udev/rules.d/ is supposed to contain only generated files or custom
> directives. (starting udev version 0.140-1)

Florian

You are so right! Removing that file has cured the problem.

All that file had in it was:

KERNEL=='rtc0',		SYMLINK+="rtc"

I can't honestly say now whether I put that there or not. Thank you so
much for your help.

--
Barry Samuels
http://www.beenthere-donethat.org.uk