Re: /etc/X11/xorg.conf in Squeeze

peasthope@shaw.ca skrev:
Still there is no /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

There are many similar questions about this (google knows), and many answers from people knowing more than me.

xorg.conf seems to me not to be deprecated, but not necessary to have (for many typical setups), and it is therefore not created by default anymore. Create it by hand to configure the xserver to do anything it fails to do by default.

From my /usr/share/doc/xorg/changelog.gz:
-----------------
[...]
xorg (1:7.4+2) unstable; urgency=low
[...]
  * Get rid of the remaining xserver-xorg debconf question (Bus ID).
    Detection of the primary device should happen in the kernel and/or X
    server.  With this change, we don't generate any xorg.conf anymore.
[...]

Hope it helps

/ johan